Man Up


Reminiscing back to one of the most challenging experiences of my life, to date. The long, arduous, incredibly rewarding, hike to Machu Picchu. 

Looking at this picture, I'm imaging this might have been the moment when my brother (a few paces ahead), told me to man the fuck up and stop complaining. Keeping a few paces behind him I may have been cursing at him under my breath, but secretly thanking him as well for -- as is true to big brother form -- giving me the kick in the ass I needed. 

Now 4 years later, I am finding myself in a new challenging experience, though not quite as physically grueling. I am harnessing that same energy, trying to man the fuck up and get out of my own way. Except now Ian is across the country, and can't give me the pep talk I need at 8am since its 5am San Francisco time...I could wake him up, but I think that would result in him cursing under his breath at me this time. No need for that...

It's difficult being in the position I am now. Unemployed, but sort of employed. Freelance work isn't easy. But I love it. There's a hustle required to find work and to stay positive, and to not let the days that are unproductive get me down. It's a balance. I've only been doing it for 3 weeks, so I'm not at the mastery level yet, but I'm getting there. 

xx MP

Comments

Popular Posts