DIY: Quinoa Pizza

I have been wanting to try this recipe for so long...but, it's definitely one of those must-plan-ahead recipes (something I don't do often when it comes to cooking).

Finally, I got around to it, planned accordingly (or so I thought), and tackled this loooong prep time recipe once and for all. Verdict: It was worth the wait.

I used a recipe from Momtastic to finally give quinoa pizza crust a go, and produced a longwinded snap chat story of the prep and cooking process.

For this recipe you will need:

Patience!
A medium sized bowl
Quinoa (3/4 cup)
Water
A strainer for the quinoa - (you will have 8 hours to get one if you don't already own one)
Salt (1/4 tsp)
Baking Powder (1 tsp)
Blender
Parchment Paper
Cake pan (I used 8" round)
A spatula

PREP:


Blunder # 1 (there were a few, see: what I did in the 8 hours waiting)
I only had tri-color quinoa. 
While it turned out to taste just fine,
the color was certainly a little strange. 
So, maybe best to opt for plain (one color) quinoa. 

The recipe from Momtastic calls for 3/4 cup quinoa
...I was cooking for 2, so I doubled it to 1 + 1/2 cups.

This part was easy. 

#nailedit
I set a timer for 8 hours on my phone so I wouldn't forget. 

WAIT TIME:

In hindsight, I probably should've also snapped 
all of the things I did in those 8 hours just for measure 
(and comedy). 

Things I did (regarding this recipe) in those 8 hours: 
Panicked because I only have a magic bullet, 
and a blender or food processor is required 
Called Mom 
- acquired Mom's blender 
Thanked Mom for also noticing I needed parchment paper 
- acquired Mom's parchment paper 
Got home from Mom's and realized I needed a strainer too, 
panicked again, called Mom
- acquired Mom's strainer
Took inventory of all the things I needed to buy:
-parchment paper
-food processor
-strainer


Preheat your oven to 425!


Pour the quinoa into a stainer to remove excess water.


BLENDER:


Again, I doubled the recipe, so I used 1/2 cup water here.

I try not to over do with with salt...
so, I stuck with what the recipe called for here.
1/4 tsp. 

I doubled, so, 2 tsp baking powder.

Took a little longer than anticipated. 
I stopped and stirred a few times, too. 


PREP & FILL CAKE PAN(S):



My darling fiancé says the only thing I make in the kitchen is a mess,
I'm working on that...

After the 15 minute timer goes off, take the cake pan out of the oven.
The color was a little weird...
again, this is why I think opting for 1 color of quinoa 
might make for a more aesthetically pleasing crust. 
(Side note: it did taste better than it looked)

* Flipping the crust was easier than I thought it would be! *
#nailedit

Like I said in the beginning....
Just being honest #hangry

Once it's out of the oven:



Enjoy! 


xx
MP



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts